Friday, December 25, 2009

As If!


A few days ago I saw Clueless, the movie based on Jane Austen's book Emma. Alicia Silverstone plays Cher, the spoiled, classy, rich Beverly Hills teenager. The cellphones may be hideously huge, the fashion is classic and up to date. Think Gossip Girl: plaid, headbands, knee high socks, babydoll dresses, blazers, berets, cute necklaces; Cher's like an early Blair Waldorf.







Do you see the similarities?
Favourite quote from the movie:
Tai: Do you think she's pretty?
Cher: No, she's a full-on Monet.
Tai: What's a monet?
Cher: It's like the paintings, see? From far away, it's OK, but up close, it's a big old mess.
Favourite song from the movie:
Supermodel - Jill Sobule
R.I.P. to Brittany Murphy, who recently died. She played Tai in the movie.
BTW, this is my 50th post already! I never thought I could keep up with this blog for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews