Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Runway Will Be RED!


I'm sorry I haven't posted for so long, but I was so busy all the time! I just got sucked up in all the end-of-the-year madness. Apart from all the work from school, I'm also involved in all sorts of projects. This post will be about one of those projects; A Red Line(Een Rode Draad). I became involved with this through school, because I'm in the art class.
The project was invented by Sara Vrugt, a fashion designer. On Saturday, June 13th 2009, three hundred inhabitants of The Hague will parade over a red runway of three kilometers long through the city. All will be dressed in red, and musicians and dancers will acompany the parade. There will be an after party later. With this project, Sara Vrugt wants to make a bridge and bring people together, because there are so many different people with different cultures living in The Hague. I will walk too on the longest runway ever! We all worked very hard at school to get our self made clothing done in time. I made a dress, and I think this is the first piece of clothing that I made all by myself. It was so much fun to make it, and I'm so looking forward to June the 13th!

This is the dress I made:

Check out the website:

A_Red_Line

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews