Saturday, February 20, 2010

Blog B-day!

Picture from Ella's Bakehouse
It's my blog's first anniversary! I can't believe I kept up with blogging for so long! If I can tell you a secret: I'm actually a bit proud of myself. I wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone who supported me, who commented on my blog (for the ones that don't know yet, I love reading your opinions) and all my followers.
Today was an interesting day. I woke up in the morning, reading in a magazine that an exhibition called "Voici Paris - Haute Couture" would open today. I discussed it with my mom, and we decided to go. It was amazing. The first room already won me over: six or seven mannequins wearing black and white Chanel dresses, placed on a black, glossy platform. White lacey things hung on the walls, and a big flat screen showed Chanel's ss09 show. The whole collection included pieces from Charles Frederick Worth, Madame Vionnet, Jacques Fath, Paul Poiret, Christian Dior, Coco Chanel, Hubert de Givenchy, Elie Saab, Jean Paul Gaultier, Yves Saint Laurent, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen(RIP), Nina Ricci, Maison Martin Margiela and many Dutch designers, including Jan Taminau, Percy Irausquin, Fong Leng and Mart Visser. So many beautiful dresses, styled mannequins, theme rooms - I didn't know where to look first. I made a lot of pictures, but of course, my camera broke down. So I'll have an excuse to go again! Here are the photos that I made before the incident:
(This is the pink Givenchy dress Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews