Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm brand new!

So I figured out that maybe I should have a fashion blog, because I'm really obsessed. I have like this secret, diary-looking book where I'm writing and drawing and making collages in a lot, but I thought it would be nice to share my writing with other people. I've been reading so much about fashion blogs lately...
It all started a few months ago, with that day that I was surfing the internet, and was reading some things about a snapshot contest on Teenvogue.com. One girl that was 'girl of the week' mentioned Lookbook.nu as a very inspiring site. From the moment I saw the site, I was addicted. I can just look for hours at all the looks that people from all over the world post at that site. I had my favourites of course, and at their profiles on Lookbook, there were links to their blogs. So I began surfing the internet like a maniac and read all about (teenage) fashion blogs. There was an article in Teenvogue's latest issue about fashion blogs too, with a lot of interesting links.
I think this new internet phenomen is really cool. I mean, if you see a celebrity with a very expensive designer dress, you know you'll never get to wear that. But when you see a lot of girls your age, mixing their clothes from Topshop, H&M, American Apparel and vintage stuff to something amazing, you're getting a very different impression. That it's not what you wear and the label that counts, but how you wear it. You can get to your creative side, and I think that's important. Because Fashion is Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews